Lots of things to talk about.
(1) This is the new "summer" look for the blog. I needed a change. I get bored. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, hit "refresh" on your browser window.)
(2) Took the kids to the library today for "Jungle Jim's World of Bugs" show. Two little girls, not so dainty, loved every minute of it. Delaney is sure that she wants a pet newt.
(3) Ava is almost 1, can you believe it? She likes to try to tell you things. And yes, she is adding one more feminine screech to the noise level around here. She thinks that she is pretty fancy because she can go up our stairs (all the way) whenever she pleases. Hopefully she'll get better at going DOWN the stairs, although her current method of just leaning backwards is pretty efficient. ;-) She loves to go outside. She also thinks that she is pretty fancy because she just crawls out the door whenever one of the other kids leaves it open too long. She sits and cries if the other kids go outside without her.
(4) Working on getting together outfits for a family picture. Delaney is the only one who still needs a white dress and I was not able to find one that we could both agree on, so I am going to MAKE one. I'll have to keep you posted on how that turns out. It is going to be from Simplicity 5226, view B except adding the butterfly sleeves from view A.
(5) Trying to find time to get some scrapbooking done. Realizing (again) that there are not enough hours in the day for all of the things I would like to get done.
(6) Getting back on the weight loss wagon -- been sitting to the side of the road eating Bon Bons for awhile now. After week #1 of trying to eat better, managed to lose 4 lbs which I am pretty proud of considering the holiday weekend and its festivities. I am slowly adding exercise back into the mix as well, so we'll see. I would like to lose another 15 lbs and get toned up.
(7) Had a fun Memorial Day weekend, and my nephew turned 1. Will post pictures soon.
(8) New favorite recipe [only 2 W.W. points] = box of instant pudding (4 serving size) + 2 cups milk + 1/2 cup Cool Whip + 6 crushed Oreos. Mix together and freeze into plastic cups (about 1/2 cup of mixture in each cup), sticking in popsicle sticks. These are soo good and easy enough the kids can make. It's also pretty good with the new flavored Cool Whips.
(9) Woo hoo for me, I won the complete 6-volume set of Charlotte Mason's Original Homeschooling Series for cheap on eBay. That will make for some hearty summer reading. I have also been re-reading my copy of More Charlotte Mason Education by Catherine Levison.
I leave you with a picture of Ava and me from our nature walk the other day. We walked the trail around the lake in our neighborhood and then got stuck in a downpour on the way back to the car (that was part of my stinky day mentioned below). That was only the first of 3 times that I got drenched in the rain that day. The first time was fun -- after that, it starts to lose its charm. ;-D